The Bunny Blog

A small, yellow aesthete navigating the line between high and low culture.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Sue Me: National Treasure

Being from the land of Lincoln, the preview for the next National Treasure (: Book of Secrets) piqued my interest. Our hero, Ben Gates, played by Nic Cage, learns of possible evidence that his ancestors were Lincoln assassination conspirators.

Inflamed with patriotic fury, he sets out to claim that that just isn't true.

It looked somewhat interesting in a big, dumb action movie kind of way, and hey, Helen Mirren's in it.

So to fully appreciate it when I see it in December, I rented the original.

I found it really entertaining and funny, and Ben has the perfect blend of wit, earnestness and smarts of any action hero. He's a brainiac not a brawniac. I especially enjoyed Justin Bartha as Riley, his wiseacre computer whiz sidekick. He layed it on perhaps a little thick here and there, but most of the time his jokes hit the jackpot. Or, jokepot.

So sue me. I liked it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home