The Bunny Blog

A small, yellow aesthete navigating the line between high and low culture.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

August = Bad?

It's been a very long week, nay, weeks, my dears. My roommates, to whom I owe my roof over my head and endless supplies of carrots and fresh greens, have been through multiple occurences of car and dental trouble. A very curious and unwelcome mix.

I've heard August is a really wretched month. Certainly, the 100+ degree temps in the west valley lent a Hades -esque air to the late summer, and it seemed odd things were happening to everyone.

But with September, comes wonderful new things. Like, say, "Bionic Woman" redux, and the season premieres of "The Office" and "30 Rock."

In movies, not much going on at the moment, though I finally saw Stardust against what I thought was my better judgement and, in fact, liked it. It was a truly delightful movie. I just thought the powers that be would trash Neil Gaiman's work and that Claire Danes would be her usual simpering, blank-eyed self, but she really redeemed herself, and the movie was full of passion, wit, and wonderful characters. It was a nice suprise after a month of madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home