The Bunny Blog

A small, yellow aesthete navigating the line between high and low culture.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Edge of Moi Seat

If they could get rid of Tre, who now? Who is left that I feel can comfortably wear the poufy toque of TOP CHEF?

I was debating about this last night in a moment of repose and realized I didn't feel strongly about anyone else left. I feel CJ drops the ball (or spatula, as it were) when needed most; Casey flails under pressure; Howie is a sweaty dickhead; and Dale and Brian I am firmly neutral about. The only person at this point - gasp! - that I could see as top chef is the formerly despised Hung. But even he doesn't have the clarity of taste that a top chef should have - instead of trying to appeal to many palates, in his Quickfire challenges he rather tries to overwhelm with fancitude (cauliflower ice cream, my pets??).

Though it just may be Brian who takes the final title. He's won a few challenges here and there, and he seems very articulate and also very talented. He has slid in the background with the restaurant wars because he was Front of House, and not shining in the kitchen. Perhaps he will recoup his loss of visibility tonight.

Notice I haven't mentioned Sara. She may be good at bossing people around, but her food has always been comfortably average, and that's it.

I wonder if the producers and judges have regretted canning Tre. Truly an audience favorite. We shall miss ye, Tre!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home