The Bunny Blog

A small, yellow aesthete navigating the line between high and low culture.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Quote of the Day

Over my morning tea, I read today's LA Times. There's a long article about Jimmy Carter trying to heal the rift between the Southern Baptist Church's liberal and conservative factions. It ends with:

' Homosexuality, contraceptives, the role of women, the role of church and state -- "all of those things are deeply felt beliefs on the part of human beings," Carter said. "I have deep feelings on all those subjects of my own.

"But I don't see why those beliefs should separate you from me, if both of us believe in Christ and believe in furthering God's kingdom." '

Aye Aye!

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home