The Bunny Blog

A small, yellow aesthete navigating the line between high and low culture.

Monday, January 28, 2008

I Feel Used

Dee and, to a lesser extent, R, have decided to participate in a movement, I don't really know what it's called, but basically you buy everything used for one year. Naturally this doesn't apply to underwear or god forbid socks, but all things from one's car to one's turtle neck must not be brand new.

It's a reaction against a materialistic society and also an attempt to cut down on using global resources. What we have found, however, is that we spend most of our money on food. And of course, that's brand new. And to cut down on costs, both environmental and monetary, it would be best to buy from local farmers at a market, but all of those are during the work week or on the weekend a good 30 minute drive away.

So far, then, not changing the world much. But Dee has managed to erase every Jcrew sale email alert that's come her way. I asked her why she didn't just unsubscribe; she shook her head and said, I just can't do it. I waslked away before things got ugly. There's always eBay, I said. There's always ebay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home